Sunday, March 22, 2020

Just a Moment -- a book of haiku


Soon after I moved to New Mexico, I began writing haiku as I meandered over mountain and desert.  Recently I collected them, paired them with photos, and made a book for my family.  Seeing Yo-Yo Ma share his music (#songsofcomfort) for the good of all during the pandemic, I decided to make a small contribution.  I'll post a couple of pages per day in the hopes a few will find them comforting.  Below are the cover and first page.


"Just a Moment"

Kristen Mendenhall




desert wanderings
haiku blossoms everywhere --
here's a gathering
                                                            Kristen



2 comments:

  1. It makes me happy to see you posting again. The poetry and photos make me even happier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! It’s good to be back. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete