Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Cadillac Ranch RV, Bluff, Utah

I felt a little odd coming into Bluff after talking to no one for four days -- no shower either.  The very friendly proprietor of Cadillac Ranch RV directed me to the shower building.  When I emerged, he asked how it was.  I said it was maybe the best shower I'd ever had.  He grinned:  I can always tell who's really been out there camping and who hasn't. Ones that haven't go "Ewww."  Ones that have go, "Ahhhh!"




There's no mystery as to how Bluff got its name.




It's a very pretty little village with a lot of history plus The Bears Ears National Monument Education Center.



Their annual Winter Solstice Burn is a wonderful tradition.  During the October Arts Festival, artist Joe Pachak directs construction of a huge native animal out of local natural materials.  Then, to brighten the long winter night, all gather round to cheer its burning.  Something to return for, surely.



No comments:

Post a Comment