Tuesday, October 22, 2019

On Top of the World


Twelve miles up Comb Wash and Snow Flats Road, I found a promontory overlooking the wide canyon. 



From a camp like this I love clambering around on the slick rock ... it offers wide open views and its easy to go exploring.  




And have I mentioned I LOVE the colors ?!?!?!






Another camper settled onto another nearby promontory.  He quietly walked his little dog and then sat under a tree for ever so long.  He seemed a decent sort.  The next morning, when I emerged to photograph the spectacular dawn show, I noticed he was doing the same.




Later on I walked over to visit.  Turns out Dominic contracts as a photographer with the US Geological Survey.  They have old photos and sketches of particular places; they locate these spots and Dominic photographs them.  Then the team is able to compare them and study the changes over time under varying conditions.

I WANT THAT JOB!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. "...and it's easy to go exploring." Sometimes nature accommodates us humans by paving the ground.

    ReplyDelete